January flew by! How ’bout those resolutions? I think the first few days are the easiest, but then the next few weeks are the hardest. For better or worse, here’s where I am:
1. Cultivate a daily prayer life.
New journal has many names and sermon notes. Even so, getting into a daily routine is an area for improvement.
2. Read the Bible through in 2012.
If you’re an attention-challenged Bible reader like me, try the One Year Bible (you can even get it online for free.) Each day you get a little Old, a little New, a few Psalms and Proverbs. I spent most of January dazed and confused in Chronicles, but the familiarity of Acts and Romans kept me going.
3. Exercise at least 4 days a week and drop the last 15 pounds I want to lose.
- Week one, I managed five workouts: elliptical, weights and yoga.
- Weeks two and three were a bust: a pinched nerve in my back kept me incapacitated.
- Week four success! Elliptical, Pilates, yoga and a 5K walk/run.
My initial weight was (gulp) almost 125 pounds. I should weigh 105-118 pounds and I’m determined to get back to somewhere around 110 and maintain it. Currently I’m hovering at 120-121.
4. Get my desk organized and keep it that way.
During the first week, I cleared my desk off; today my 2012 desk calendar is still visible! My desk is the catch-all for mail and miscellany. Any suggestions on dealing with the daily deluge? Please share – my desk and I could use all the help we can get
5. Cultivate the fruit of the spirit in my life.
How do you measure the love, peace, joy, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control in your life? Something tells me this fruit is a really slow grower.
What would you like to change this year? The perfect time to start is (always!) now – share your resolutions so we can encourage each other!