January flew by! How ’bout those resolutions? I think the first few days are the easiest, but then the next few weeks are the hardest. For better or worse, here’s where I am:
1. Cultivate a daily prayer life.
New journal has many names and sermon notes. Even so, getting into a daily routine is an area for improvement.
2. Read the Bible through in 2012.
If you’re an attention-challenged Bible reader like me, try the One Year Bible (you can even get it online for free.) Each day you get a little Old, a little New, a few Psalms and Proverbs. I spent most of January dazed and confused in Chronicles, but the familiarity of Acts and Romans kept me going.
3. Exercise at least 4 days a week and drop the last 15 pounds I want to lose.
- Week one, I managed five workouts: elliptical, weights and yoga.
- Weeks two and three were a bust: a pinched nerve in my back kept me incapacitated.
- Week four success! Elliptical, Pilates, yoga and a 5K walk/run.
My initial weight was (gulp) almost 125 pounds. I should weigh 105-118 pounds and I’m determined to get back to somewhere around 110 and maintain it. Currently I’m hovering at 120-121.
4. Get my desk organized and keep it that way.
During the first week, I cleared my desk off; today my 2012 desk calendar is still visible! My desk is the catch-all for mail and miscellany. Any suggestions on dealing with the daily deluge? Please share – my desk and I could use all the help we can get 🙂
5. Cultivate the fruit of the spirit in my life.
How do you measure the love, peace, joy, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control in your life? Something tells me this fruit is a really slow grower.
What would you like to change this year? The perfect time to start is (always!) now – share your resolutions so we can encourage each other!