Okay, so there are undoubtedly more than 32 truisms for adults but this has been a pretty good list. I hope you’ve enjoyed each list of eight things that we can agree are true and common to adults, no matter our age, gender, race, relgion, political affiliations, or socio-economic status. Let’s face it, the human condition is full of ironies. We might as well laugh occasionally.
- How many times is it appropriate to say “What?” before you just nod and smile because you still didn’t hear or understand a word they said?
- I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!
- Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
- Is it just me or do high school kids get dumber & dumber every year?
- There’s no worse feeling than that millisecond you’re sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far.
- As a driver I hate pedestrians, and as a pedestrian I hate drivers, but no matter what the mode of transportation, I always hate bicyclists.
- Sometimes I’ll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.
- Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey – but I’d bet everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time!
I hope you enjoy your day and remember, there’s only three more weekends for shopping before Christmas!